You Must Know What is Childhood Obesity ? How To Preventing and Causes Of Childhood Obesity
Childhood Obesity Causes and Preventing
Childhood Obesity is hitting the breaking news across the nation now.. Studies reports that 22 million children under the age of 5 are obese across the world.
Introduction: What is Childhood Obesity ?
Children who are over-weight (excess body fat)considered as obese. BMI (Body Mass index) is the most popular tool to determine body fat. A high BMI can indicates high body fat/ obesity. BMI is not a obesity calculator but it helps us to identify the health problems through weight categories.
Here is The BMI Calculators For Boys
Here is The BMI Calculators For Girls
Childhood obesity is a severe health issue at the risk of various chronic health conditions.children who are obese are more likely to be unhealthy or obese adults.
Childhood obesity not only affects the children physical health but also social and psycological problems.
Causes Of Childhood Obesity :
There are mainly two categories play a vital role in childhood obesity.
- Genetics, lifestyle, psycological issues.
- Unhealthy /excess eating & little/no physical activity.
Unhealthy diet contains higher levels of fat or sugar and toxins/chemicals ,which causes sudden weight gain in kids. Parents are the first reason for this obesity in children either due to lack of awareness to prepare healthy food or unable to afford the healthy food.
Children who are suffering from this obesity are less active, as they can not do physical activities much due to excess weight.
Children who are having psycological issues like stress,depression etc are easily get this childhood obesity as they eat more.
Children who are having socioeconomic issues like limited resources are opt for frozen or packed foods ,which causes obesity.
Health Problems :
Children who are suffering from the childhood obesity have the high risk of Asthma, Diabetes,sleeping disorder,chronic related problems and Heart related issues quickly.
Nutrition & Lifestyle Changes:
Nutrients play a vital role to keep children healthy & fit. Changing the eating habits & lifestyle of a obese children is really helpful to nullify the childhood obesity. There are few changes we can focus on
- Children mostly eats the food what their parents buy, so parents are the headstart to cutoff the childhood obesity.
- Say good-bye to fast foods /packed foods.
- Limit the sweets & soft drinks.
- Be conscious on calories.
- The mantra -“Eating and cooking together “ is not only healthy but also helps to boost ur mind.
- Eat fresh fruits & vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, low fat dairy products,etc
- Increase Physical activity like sports, excercises etc
- Take the help of nutritionist /pedetrician for best results.
What India can do on this childhood obesity:
Studies reports 1 in 10 children suffering from Childhood obesity in developed countries. As a developing country India has to take the preventive measures to nullify this issue. Few suggestions are:
- Check the BMI of children periodically just like vaccinations.
- Endorsement of healthy lifestyle & nutritional values through all kind of mediums.
- Balanced nutrition to Pregnant women.
- High significance of physical activities in school.
- Restriction on gadget usage in children.
- Reduce the taxes on fresh and healthy foods.
- Ban toxic food supplements.
Childhood obesity is a major issue in both developed & developing countries now.Although,we can help our chidren with proper preventive measures like healthy eating and physical activities etc to nullify the childhood obesity. This helps our economy by enhancing the health of future adults.