Nutritious Food For Toddlers – Good Nutrition Food Baby Growth
Good Nutritious Food For Toddlers – Nutritional Foods For Children
As a mom, one is always worried about their kid’s growth and development, especially regarding their weight. Is he/she gaining enough weight? what can I do to improve my child’s weight, what foods could I try to help my child gain a healthy weight- are few questions raised for every mom. Nutritious Food For Toddlers
Here are few tips on how to increase your toddler’s (1-3 yrs) weight in a healthy way.
- Cereals- now is the time to start with finger foods or foods which the child can handle themselves. So now besides the mashed food you can give small bite size of chapatti or even rice with vegetable/egg/chicken. Add extra spoon of ghee to the chapatti or rice.
Chapatti or dosa can also be stuffed with potato, cheese, paneer etc.
- Fruits- like banana, cheeku, mango, custard apple can also be given as it is or added to milk shake, custard or ice-cream.
- Vegetables- use more of potato, sweet potato, carrot besides other vegetables. You may also add these to their roti, dosa, sandwich, soups or to other veggies.
- Eggs- can be given as hard-boiled eggs, sliced into small bite sized pieces or omlette.
- Fish/poultry/meat- stews and well-cooked meat, poultry, fish can be given.
- Nuts and dry fruits- like walnuts, peanuts, almonds and dried fruits like raisins, currants and dried apricots can now be given to children. Instead of regular chocolates and candies, these contain vitamins and minerals besides being dense in calories and proteins. These would certainly give a boost to their weight.
Here are few points to remember:
- Additional ghee can be given to the child who is underweight. If inn case weight is normal, use these in moderation.
- Whole cream milk can be used to enhance the energy intake and weight.
- While giving above foods, give little amounts first, to check for any allergy. If there is no reaction then only continue with these foods.
- Please note that the suggestions given here are dependent on the health condition of the child. In cases, where the child has any illness or disorder, you should consult your doctor and a dietician for a personalized plan for your child.